- Prepare timely and accurate estimates of cost and detailed proposals for the Pre-Construction Department.
- Review all bid documents prior to beginning the estimate including pre-bid information, addenda, alternate bid requirements, instruction to bidders, project specifications and project drawings
- Prepare estimates and proposals for plan and spec projects including piping and sheet metal take off, soliciting prices for equipment and subcontractors, verifying sited conditions and preparing a detailed written proposal explaining our scope of work, project clarifications and any exclusions.
- Update material and equipment unit pricing in all estimating systems quarterly. This includes, but is not limited to: pipe; valves; fittings; piping specialties; sheet metal ductwork; duct specialties; hardware, etc.
- Update labor factors based on the performance of our employees using actual labor data collected on company projects.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and conduct project site inspections to verify conditions affecting the pricing and installation of the project.
- Attend turnover meetings with project staff to communicate the unique aspects of the project to the installation team.
- Prepare estimates for change order work for ongoing projects when requested.
- Work with other departments as directed in the preparation of estimates.
- Maintain a neat and organized work environment conducive to developing accurate and timely estimates.
- Operate and maintain a computerized estimating system.
- Sales ability
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Able to prioritize work load.
- Able to build rapport with customers, vendors, & subcontractors
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Minimum of 6 years HVAC piping and sheet metal estimating experience.
- Possess the ability to read and understand technical specifications, construction plans and contract requirements.
- Experience estimating commercial (Mechanical) projects.
- Experience in negotiating subcontracts for project installation.
- Experience in selecting components and devices required for complete installations. (Design-Build & Plan & Spec)
- Must have a broad understanding of construction especially piping and sheet metal systems.
- Must have an understanding of the submittal process required for typical construction projects
- Must have an understanding of installation costs and requirements for proper closeout of project.
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania